Resume & Job Search Training
Included is a number of useful links to provide a young person with information regarding School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships, Apprenticeship Support Services, Defence Service Trades, Payment Incentives to Employers and Apprentices and local Apprenticeship Centres.
Creating your résumé is the first step to applying for a job. A resume should summarise your qualifications, skills and qualities and help you accquire a job interview.
Most advertised job positions now require an application letter attached to your resume upon application. This link provides valuable information on how to write an application letter.
If you are successful with your application the next step in the job seeking procedure is the interview process. This link will assist you with how to present yourself, preparation for answering questions and much more.
Tips for Preparing for Work
It is recommended that you treat your First Day at work like a job interview and remember first impressions account for a lot. Become aware of what employers and co-workers expectations will be in regard to your attitude, presentation and performance.
School Leaver Sample Resumes
There are many styles of Resumes to suit different situations. This link provides a large number of sample resumes to suit students who are preparing to leave school, and young people looking for either an entry level position or part time work while they are studying at University.
- Resumes & Job Search Training
- Career Choices
- Good Careers Guide
- Job Outlook
- Explore Careers – Job Profiles
- Australian Apprenticeship Pathways – The 7 Work Types
- Career Bullseye Posters
- Industry Search
- SuniTAFE University Pathways
- ABC Aceday Videos
- Career Services and sites
- MADEC Recognition Procedure
- Career Quiz
- Learn Local
- Victorian Skills Gateway
- Victorian Jobs in 21st Century
- Skills Road
- Job Jumpstart
- Apprenticeships & Traineeships
- Apprenticeship Information
- School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships – Victorian
- Vocational Education and Training – VET
- Australian Apprenticeship Support Network
- VIC Vocational Education & Training in Schools – VETiS
- NSW Apprenticeship Awards and Wages
- NSW School Based Traineeships – SBAT
- NSW Vocational Education & Training – VETiS
- Job Sites
- Information for Parents
- Preparing to leave school – Young people with special needs
- Choosing a Career Path
- Qualification Framework
- Wages Information
- Sunraysia Wings for Kids – for youth with Disabilities
- Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
- Victorian Certificate of Education – VCE
- Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning – VCAL
- Victorian Secondary Schools
- Victorian Leaving School Age Information
- NSW Public Schools
- NSW Education Standards Authority
- NSW Leaving School Age Information
- NSW Dept Education School Policies
- Engaging Parents in Career Conversations
- VIC Birth Certificate Application
- NSW Birth Certificate Application
- Applying for VIC Birth Certificate
- Unique Student Identifier No.